Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rethink Your Drink Campaign


Dear HEC Partners and Friends,

As the temperature continues to rise, the Health Education Council wants to ask you to Rethink Your Drink and quench thirst with refreshing cold water instead of sugary drinks.  This summer, HEC is launching a Rethink Your Drink Pledge campaign with a goal of getting 10,000 pledges to commit to better health by eliminating consumption of sugary drinks.  Sugary drinks are the single largest contributor to added sugars in our diets, accounting for 22 percent of the empty calories consumed by children and teens.  Pledge partners will receive healthy drink recipes, an online sugary beverage calculator to help you identify how much sugar is consumed in drinks, and tips for staying hydrated throughout this 30-day pledge. TAKE THE PLEDGE to Rethink Your Drink and be entered to win a $250 AMEX gift card at www.rethinkyourdrinkpledge.com.

We are also inviting you to support the Rethink Your Drink campaign by helping us spread the word  What you can do to help promote the Campaign?  Here are someways:
   * I will take the Rethink Your Drink online pledge.
   * I will promote the Rethink Your Drink online pledge on my Facebook page (just copy & paste hyperlink above).
   * I will share the RYD pledge link with my colleagues, family, and friends.
   * I will speak with my business/school/organization about placing the RYD pledge link on my organization’s website.
   * I will talk with my company’s employee wellness representative about the campaign and promote the pledge campaign in my workplace.
   * I will promote the RYD online pledge in my business/school/organization’s newsletter or e-blast (sample paragraph provided above).

No comments:

Post a Comment